Okay, so I have only very recently discovered that I can make DELISH pancakes without eggs, butter, flour or any of that nonsense. These pancakes are made with 4 ingredients and more than likely, you already have them in your kitchen! I LOVE pancakes, but alas, since trying to have a more vegan friendly diet, I haven’t really eaten them for a while and I almost forgot how much I used to enjoy them. Well now… I go to bed excited to wake up and eat these!
Like I promised, these are 4 ingredient pancakes, HOWEVER, I added some extra goodies to the pancakes pictured above but don’t fear, you probably have the additions already in your kitchen as well and pancakes can be served with all sorts of toppings so feel free to add whatever you love to spruce them up in your own way!
Prep time 5 mins
Cook time 10 mins
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk or other vegan milk beverage
- 1 ripe banana
- Tablespoon peanut butter/nut butter (optional)
- Roughly 1tbs coconut oil for cooking (or cooking oil of your choosing)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- maple syrup for topping
- strawberries for topping
Possible other additions
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Banana and peanut butter topping
- Vegan coconut whipped cream
**If you choose to add chia or flax seeds, you may need a little extra milk as both tend to absorb a lot of liquid and act as a thickener.
- Combine oats, banana, milk and nut butter in blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat up your coconut oil in a pan and add your pancake mixture to make whatever sized pancakes your heart desires.
- Flip after about 3 minutes or when golden brown on the underside.
- Add toppings of your choice and enjoy! 🙂