Anyone who knows me knows that I can eat peanut butter right out of the jar all day, everyday, so any recipe that I can incorporate this delicious addiction into is worth sharing to all the other peanut butter lovers out there! These wraps are simple and quick as all the veggies are raw and the rice paper and noodles take such little time to cook!
Again like most of my meals, vegetables can be substituted for many others, based on what you like.
I made about 7 wraps with this ingredients:
- Cucumber cut into long strips
- 1 avocado sliced thinly, length wise
- 1 carrot (I used a peeler to get really thin strips)
- 1 mango sliced thinly
- 1 pepper red or orange sliced
- A few handfuls of spinach
- 3 cups vermicelli noodles white or brown (I used brown) -if you’re like me and can’t break apart the vermicelli noodles out of the bag without making a huge mess then you will probably just end up using the whole thing and having lots of noodle leftovers… lol
- Rice paper wraps
For the peanut sauce
- 4 tablespoons crunchy or smooth peanut butter
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 tbs maple syrup or honey
- Splash rice vinegar (optional)
- Sriracha to taste
- 2 tbs soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbs hot water to thin
- Start off by cutting all your veggies, set aside
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add vermicelli noodles – keep close eye as they do not take long to soften, around 2-3 mins.
- Run the noodles under cold water then set aside.
- Make the sauce, combine all ingredients to small bowl, add the hot water slowly while stirring, add more water if needed for desired consistency.
- For the rice paper wraps- individually run each one under hot water until soft and malleable.
- Make your wraps one at a time on your plate, be careful not to rip the them by getting the edges stuck together. Turn in the top and bottom and start to roll them. Be sure not to overflow them so much that wrapping them up will be difficult.
- I am such a peanut addict that I put sauce inside the wrap AND on the side so feel free to follow suit if you are the same way!