Errrrrrrrrrr my god, I just made this and it is so good, so healthy, so refreshing! My boyfriend loved it just as much as I do, so I snapped a quick pic in hopes that this post will inspire you guys to recreate! It is very minimal effort and supa fast. I’ll walk ya through it okay?
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 mango
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can chick peas
- Handful parsley and mint combined
- 1 avocado
- Dash of cayenne or just salt and pepper if you prefer for chickpeas
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cucumber
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cook your quinoa according to packaging and then set aside 1/2- all of it in a large bowl to cool. (I only used about 3/4 of my quinoa as I was just feeding 2.
- Preheat your oven to 400, rinse your chick peas and pat as dry as you can, drizzle with olive oil, a pinch of cayenne, salt and pepper. Place on parchment paper on tray and into the oven. They take about 20 minutes to become crunchy.
- For the cauliflower, you are going to blend or food process to make it a cous cous like texture. You can do this raw after cutting into florets OR you can throw them in the oven with the chickpeas for 10 minutes. I like to do this because I find raw cauliflower to have a very potent smell, I find roasting for a little bit prevents that slightly.
- Dice your mango, cucumber, and avocado. Chop your mint and parsley.
- Pulse your cauliflower to get that fluffy texture and add it to your large bowl with the quinoa (which doesn’t have to be cold, just not piping hot.)
- Once your chickpeas are golden brown and crunchy, add them to your bowl.
- Add your parsley, mint, mango, avocado and cucumber. If you want to keep your left overs for the next day, I would not add the avocado as it tends to brown overnight.
- Combine your dressing ingredients, mix and drizzle over your salad, (again, keep separate if keeping left overs for next day), stir and serve!
You’re gonna lurve it, I’m sure!