This batter recipe can be used on fish as well, I have had both and both are delicious. If you are vegan or enjoy vegan options as I do, these cauliflower tacos are a fantastic fish alternative! I love cauliflower as it can be used in numerous recipes to achieve healthier options. Roasted cauliflower tacos are another favourite but sometimes I just crave a crispier texture! Follow this simple recipe to enjoy these bad boys tonight!
- 3/4 cup corona
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour (or wholewheat flour)
- Scant tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of salt
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 avocado
- Diced tomatoes
- Corn or flour tortillas (I used corn here but I prefer flour so much more)
- 5 tbs olive oil for frying
- 2 cups cabbage mix
- Scant 1/2 cup veganaise
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp water
- Juice of 1 lime
- Start with your cauliflower, cut it into strips as best you can. It’s okay if some break up into smaller pieces.
- Use a large frying pan and coat the bottom with oil, put it at a medium low/medium heat
- Make your batter- mix all dry ingredients into a bowl (flour, paprika, garlic powder, pepper, salt)
- Add your corona and mix well.
- Test your oil temperature by dropping a little batter into it, if it sizzles and turns to golden brown, it’s ready!
- Dip your cauliflower strips into batter until fully coated, add to your pan. Flipping every few minutes until deep golden brown on both sides. (About 6 minutes)
- To make the coleslaw, combine all your ingredients except the cabbage mix and then add the finished sauce to your cabbage and mix well. Add less or more depending on how saucy you would like the coleslaw to be.
- Chop your toppings. I recommend using any of the following toppings- avocado, tomato, cilantro, cucumber, onion, jalapeños, salsa.
- Build your tacos starting with the cauliflower, coleslaw, toppings then sauce. I actually also added a thai chili cashew dip on top of mine (habibis brand), sriracha would be good too, you could even mix it with a little veganaise. You guys do you.
Tacos 4 lyfe.